Monday, May 12, 2008

Mini-Mom

For those of you who have born a small person from your loins, or have been born from the loins, you know that yesterday was a little day called Mother's Day. Paul, being the amazing guy he is, conducted this holiday like many other important holidays in our home (my birthday, my half birthday and flag day) by setting up a tree, the Mother's Day tree which was spilling with gifts and joy on Mother's Day morning. Seriously now, I had a great day and an even better night last night due to the two new super sweet pillows that I received as one of my mother's day gifts. I have a thing for the Hampton Inn beds. I know you are asking yourself, "the Hampton Inn?" And yes you are correct, I also have a thing for Ritz Carlton beds, but until we win the lottery or the Ritz starts selling their bedding online or accepting trade-ins of old, flat, drool-stained pillows, the Hampton Inn pillows will be just splendid. So, these pillows are like sleeping on little clouds and let's face it...I needed a few more pillows on my side of the bed, because 12 was not enough.


I am incredibly grateful for the wonderful day I spent with my tiny, precious family but, I don't feel like I am qualified to celebrate such a day quite yet. Yes, I bore a tiny human from my loins, so what, it was like a walk in the park(a very rough park). But, my Mom, Paul's mom and my Grandmother are truly the ones to be celebrated. These women have raised kids who lived long enough to have kids and for those kids to have kids and did such an incredible job that...well, those kids actually turned out pretty darn well, in my opinion. When Sam is grown-up and is well behaved, polite, kind, smart, etc. I will, only then, truly be able to celebrate a day that is dedicated to such amazing women.....until then however, I will continue to accept lavish gifts. :)




No comments: