Thursday, June 26, 2008

Raising Sam.

Sam,

Today you are 0.5, six whole months. Most people say, “It seems like only yesterday that you were born.” I say, it seems like you’ve been hanging with us forever. I feel like I’ve always known you, a lot the way I felt about your dad when I first met him. You remind me of home, of the feel of warm laundry fresh from the dryer, of mom’s homemade macaroni cheese.

You looked just like dad when you were first hatched, and you still do, only now you have so many more of your dad’s great characteristics. You love music, you laugh easily and uncontrollably, you smile when you are happy, tired, mad and sleeping. You make everyone around you smile.

I can’t seem to get enough of you, I talk about you when I’m away, I peek at you while you’re sleeping and sneak away quickly when you stir. I race dad in to your room in the morning, trying to be the first to see you. When I hear you giggle, squeak or coo I just look at dad and smile. No words. None needed.

You teach me things about life everyday that I may never have learned without you. Patience, forgiveness and trust. You discover something new everyday and so do I.

I love who you are becoming. I love your two little cartoon baby teeth, your smiling eyes and your sweet, baby mouth kisses. I love your tired lollies, your goat laughs and that you want to drink out of every glass I do. I love that when we snuggle you talk to me and explain life to me in raspberries and goos. I love that you grab my finger with your little hand when I reach back in the car and that instantly calms you. I love that you love when I sing you “itsy, bitsy spider.” Even though I stink at singing and I can’t stand spiders.

I love you. Happy 0.5 Sqeeto!

Mom


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am lovin' the plaid pants!! He makes me weak he is so cute!