Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Someone please explain to me.....

Why those crazy little strings of characters that you occasionally have to decode and type before you send an email or leave a comment on someones blog, are so friggin hard to decipher?



this one is not as challenging as the ones provided to me by yahoomail. thanks yahoo.

I mean, seriously it is like the computer is saying "if you have bat-like vision, extreme patience and a Cracker Jack ring decoder you can send this email/comment" When did anyone in www start caring that I send an email to Aunt Nancy Pants saying that I loved the chap-stick of the month club gift? Geesh. Just let me send my boring email already. I consider myself to be an intelligent individual, according to my eye doctor, I have the vision of a fighter pilot and I have known my abc's and 123,'s for nearly(I said nearly) 30 years now, but I still find myself having to enter that code and be denied about 12 times before I get it right. Usually www just gives up and gives me a break with a string that is just one letter and one number after 11 or so tries. It is like they begin to realize just what a nonsensical task it is and start to feel sorry for me.

Today's randomness is brought to you by Elise. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NPR to the rescue:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93605988
I heard this story on the radio, pretty interesting.