Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Happy Inauguration Day!"

More than a couple people have greeted me like this today, the barista at Starbucks, and even my Dentist and hygienist. All I'll say is, I never remember in all my (nearly) 30 years anyone ever greeting anyone like this on inauguration day. Maybe this is the first year I've taken notice of politics, maybe having Sam in our lives has made us think a little more forwardly than immediately. Maybe I just didn't know the proper inauguration day manners. So many questions....I speak best in pictures.

I give you, an inaugural morning in photos:



skinny vanilla inauguralatte



Sam called a few of his people together for an inaugural luncheon where he clapped when the crowd clapped (and then pulled off Mr. Potato Head's nose, I think maybe, just maybe, they were celebrating. not sayin'....just sayin')

No comments: