Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cabin Fever

Ugh....Today is the official unofficial 1st day of summer (even my baby smelled like watermelon today..maybe it was the watermelon that dripped into his diaper and stained it pink? :). Usually this would be good news, but not so in a land where every day feels like summer to some degree. I'm not just talking about the southerly wind this morning that brought air thick like warm milk and drenched me in beads of sweat just putting my son into the jogging stroller, but also the DELUGE we experienced this afternoon (more to come), Sam's first thunderstorm where he pointed out the window with each thunderclap the same way he does when airliners soar overhead.

Yeah, it dumped this afternoon for about 3 hours. Usually good news to those concerned with how thirsty their lawns are. Not so good when you have a 15 month-old addicted to the outdoors. Sil and I witnessed this luxury motor vehicle up to its Xenon eyeballs in rain water....


So we had to come up with a bunch of indoor activities this afternoon. Admittedly, not my speciality. We started with snack time. On the menu? Milk and a cupcake......

Then we built a fort....


Which, naturally, Samzilla completely decimated....


All in all it was a long, but great day. Sam saw Uncle Dave and Uncle Josh. He shared a banana and ham and egg sandwich with me at Bucky's. He pooped in Jidou's office (hehe!). He fell asleep in the car while I was in the drive-thru at the bank. And he had lasagna with Nanny-Bo. Phew....what will tomorrow bring?!

No comments: