Friday, March 6, 2009

Not quite as Irish as Uncle Dan



I love my family, but have to admit we're all a little quirky, none more than me. If you really know us, you know we are not Irish, we are a little Croatian, a little French and little English, but no where our varied family tree, Irish. However, my brother Dan is, Irish that is. He is the only one in our family that is Irish, not just a little but 100%. He lives, breathes, cooks, eats and drinks and even dresses Irish, I think he may even speak with an Irish accent at times (Guiness induced of course). We don't know how or where he became so Irish, to my knowledge he has never even visited Ireland, but he makes a Shepard's pie that would make a Shepard weep and he celebrates St. Patricks day all year. If this makes him sound crazy, like he thinks he's a leprechaun and chases around a pot of gold all the time, not so. I just find it fascinating that a fully biological sibling can be a totally different ethnicity than another. Who knows maybe Sam will have an Icelandic sister someday? Until then Stan, you better work on this son of mine, 'cause I laid him in a field of clover to take his photo for you and expected him to shout "No! Not me lucky charms" and he just started crying!

No comments: