Monday, March 9, 2009

We deserve this!

Bubsy,

You and I, we deserve eachother. Your Grandma Diane has always told me, "go ahead, you deserve it," that bowl of ice cream or new pair of shoes. I like this rule, this hard earned treat rule, (in moderation of course). She has always reminded me that when I'm working hard I have to reward myself. Well I sure did! I deserve you kid, someone to share bowls of cheerios with on the kitchen floor midday, someone to hang with me at the park, waving at everyone and every animal, making me come out of my comfort zone and chat with strangers. Someone to hunt squirrels with and collect acorn caps. Someone to tuck into a tiny doll bed and giggle with until we fall to the floor. Someone to tickle and laugh at my jokes and my funny faces, someone to view the world a little upside down with.

I have dreamed of you, a little curly haired boy, dark sparkly eyes and the softest sweetest skin, and here you are. I've always worked hard and I think you're why.

But, you deserve me too, Bubs. You deserve all the goofy faces, all the long walks and silly songs, you deserve all the cheerios and goldfish you can fit in your tiny hand, you deserve the best. I may not always be perfect and times may not always be great, but as long as we're together, you, me and dad, we'll have the best time, we'll always seek adventure even if it is under our own kitchen table.

Mucho Love Bubsito,

Mom







No comments: