Monday, March 30, 2009

Ya Ya Sisterhood Weekend aka Boy's Week :)

Today begins what I believe is the 3rd Annual Ya Ya Sisterhood Weekend wherein Elise sneaks away to spend the week with her mom and aunt (with uncle in tow). This year's festivities are in Maryland and DC.

Yes, that means what you think it means......BOY'S WEEK!!

Sometime around the 20th annual event, Sam and I will be at the Yardhouse (or, hopefully, the West End in Boulder or some ex-pat hovel in Barcelona) watching the Final Four but for now that means swimming holes (Somerset pool), finger-painting and girl-watching (Eva in her jogging stroller :)

I resolve to blog like a maniac this week to keep Elise plugged into events around the man lair and to post some long-awaited video (I have the battery charging as I write)...like Sam shampooing his own hair! Let's just say it's a good thing we have No Tears J&J Baby Shampoo! And as I understand it, Elise will be documenting her own travels via her personal valet, MoMo who sometimes goes by Monks, a very talented photojournalistic monkey.

I don't have to go on to say that Sam was fine by the time we got to the 95 ramp to whisk us from the airport. I told him to look for airplanes as we went (we didn't see any). And I don't have to say it was Dad that lost it. I don't know why. Well, I do know why, but sometimes I'm overcome by emotion at the least convenient of moments...like merging into freeway traffic.

I will go on to say, however, that Sam went to bed at exactly 8:01 with nary a peep.

No comments: