Monday, April 20, 2009

Note to future parent self:

This is a great way to let the entire neighborhood know that you have:

a. completely lost your mind

b. finally found a way to ensure that your teenage son will pick up his shit from now on

I believe both answers are correct. I was threatened a time or two that I would find my things on the front lawn if I didn't pick them up. I never got to that point. Thank God. I almost wanted to wait around to see the look on our neighbor kids face when he came out to this in the morning. The most special touch was a book entitled "How to Not Raise a Spoiled Brat" that was perched on the front bumper. Among that was football gear, fast food wrappers, underwear, school books, video games and the video player.

Congrats down-the-street-neighbors, I applaud your parenting creativity!

No comments: