Saturday, May 9, 2009

"Oh, what a beautiful home! What's behind this door....? OH MY......

I do approximately 90% of my runs with my running partner, Sam. Every once in awhile, when I want to get in a few more miles than Sam, I will get up early, sneak downstairs and knock out a 10 miler before he's even up.

The night before I make a pile of my running shorts, socks, towel and contacts and place them in our half bath downstairs. I slip out of bed around 5:30 and sneak downstairs. I change and pop in my 'eyes' so as not to wake the rest of the house.

Yesterday morning, we had a showing scheduled at 10:00. We got Sam out of bed and fed then spent a good hour cleaning and tidying in preparation for the showing. We wiped all the tiny baby fingerprints from our glass coffee tables and mirrors, put all the Pooh books, remote-control cars and stuffed animals back in their hiding places and evacuated the house just in time. The place looked good. We debated placing a blank contract on the counter, but didn't want to see too sure of ourselves.

It was about mid-afternoon when I entered the downstairs half bath and made a humorous discovery. For all of our meticulous and fastidious cleaning and tidying, there were my boxers from the night before in the sink. Doh!

No comments: