Monday, June 15, 2009

It's my party...I'll blog about it if I want to!

SO, I hate surprises. I take after my mother, I need to know everything that is happening at all times. I find out at any cost. But, this time...no.go. The following photo I wanted my husband to take of Sam and I before we headed out to dinner with our friends to a quiet and sweet little French restaurant. (In lieu of actually being in Paris for my 30th birthday, we were going to make the best of it and mange like we were in the city of lights. )

So.... I had him snap a photo, decide and then return home after re deciding to not take my fancy camera so we could have the server take a couple of photos of my big night. We were to drop Sam off at a park by the beach where his Nanny would be watching a volleyball tournament. Ha.

Paul = 1
Elise = 0

We arrive and I notice that there are more people I know at this tournament than I had anticipated...oh and what lovely decorations for a volleyball game. Ha, again.

I refuse to get out of the car and swear that I will kill my husband for pulling one over on me. I reluctantly emerge and we party, all fancy 10 weeks pregnant style, with cupcakes, water and lots of yummy food.

All my friends were there, in fact I didn't know I had so many friends.

The party was perfect, Paris-in-Jupiter. It was a blast the weather was beautiful and the kidlets played and ran around entertained for hours without a peep. The adults (oh God am I an adult now that I'm 30?) talked and laughed, we ate, I wore a tiara and a boa (thanks to my dear friend Camie who knows how I loath such things!) and enjoyed a better than a quiet dinner, or even a night in Paris with all my friends.

My husband is just about one lake shy of walking on water. Now just come through for me on Paris 2010 ;)






more photos to come.......

No comments: