Thursday, April 15, 2010

Great 'Ga-mama"

I didn't know what to title this post until Sam came and crawled up on my lap while I was uploading photos and pointed to this picture and said 'dis Sam, dis ga-mama'! For the first time! He has been quite happy up until this point calling everyone 'ma'.

These are a few photos from our afternoon spent with my Grandmama at Swan Lake, a place where I used ot visit and feed swans as a child. We almost lost Grandmama to the hunger of a giant swan that morning, but Paul saved her at the last minute, thankfully. We think she was packin' some extra bread in her purse that we didn't know about :)

After a spin around the playground we headed to have lunch at Seasons which was like eating in the most warm and delightful southern kitchen, besides your own grandmothers! There, Grandmama introduced me to tomato pie, which was quite possibly the most wonderful thing I've ever eaten. Recipe here, by none other than Paula Deen, because....well....sheesh! She is like the queen of southern cooking people!

elise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Friday, and that means that the Weekly State Department Blog Roundup is up - and you're on it!

Here is the link:

http://bit.ly/9eiR0S

(If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.)

Thanks!

Natalie said...

Are you mad that I'm blog-stalking you? Hope not. :) And really it's A Daring Adventure's fault anyways. We should get together again this week...