Wednesday, April 28, 2010

National Building Museum

Elise had heard from someone that the National Building Museum had a great children's area. Somehow I got the impression that it would be a huge area where they dressed up like construction workers, worked with huge blocks and maybe even got to operate life-sized--possibly plastic--construction equipment, so I immediately thought this would be right up Sam's alley.

On a recent rainy Sunday morning, Sam, my mom and I took the Metro to check it out. The building itself it impressive...


The actual children's area, less so...


Even Sam kind of wandered around, arms outstretched palms up, kind of saying, "This is it...?" I guess we shouldn't complain since it was free.



Of course, no museum visit would be complete without a stop by the gift shop...





No comments: