Friday, April 30, 2010

Super Barber

So, arguably one of the hardest things one must do when moving to a new town is find someone to cut your hair.

What did I have to lose? I tried the barber shop on the first floor of our building. Now, admittedly, I am a big picture sort of guy. Needless to say, I missed the bright neon as I walked into the barber shop...



When the very nice Vietnamese woman finished cutting my hair she reached for a hot towel. I assumed, at the time, for the purpose of wiping the excess hair from my scalp. She did wipe, but then the wipes became more vigorous until she was practically squeezing my hair. I was like, "Umm...okay..."

Then she started rubbing my shoulders. I was so surprised I think I blushed. I was thinking, "Whoah, all I wanted was a haircut!" Fortunately, the rub down only lasted like 5 seconds. I think she gathered how surpised I was and let me go, thereupon I quickly scooped up my coat and bag and hustled out of there. Though they did a great job on my hair, so I'll probably be back.

No comments: