Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sam's New Big Boy Bed

...is on backorder until the end of July.

I found this out about 2 hours after the furniture company came to haul away the twin bed in his room to make way for the new bed.

Since I had already given Sam the orientation on the new sleeping arrangements, we decided to put his mattress on the floor where his new bed is going to go and give it a go, "Sam's bun."

We read 'Eloise goes to Paris' on the floor next to his bed and then when it was time to go to bed, he did. In the morning, I peeked in on him after Pete woke up and found him sleeping on the floor next to the bed. A few minutes later, I hear, as we hear every morning, "Mom Daddy Pete!" Followed shortly there after by "Out."

When he slept in a crib he would ask to be taken out in the morning. I don't think he had yet realized he could get out of bed himself, and we saw him sitting, somewhat perplexed, probably still groggy with sleep, and the word 'out' was as much a question as a request.

Thought the first night went swimmingly, I am mentally preparing myself for a mid-evening interloper in nights to come.

No comments: