Monday, September 6, 2010

Wing Man

After three weeks in Washington as a threesome, Sam and I took a solo trip to the grocery this morning leaving Pete at home with Paul. After leaving the store and returning back to the car, Sam looked at me with a look of panic and said 'leave Petey! mommy, leave Petey!" To which I replied, "oh no Sam, Pete is with Dad at home, I didn't leave Pete behind." (thanks for the vote of confidence Sam!)

After thinking about if for a few minutes on the drive home, I concluded that:

a. Hey! No need to worry about leaving my baby behind when I have Sam with me.

and

b. Wait a minute, maybe not a great idea to trust Sam considering that he didn't realize Pete was missing until after we had left the house, grocery shopped and then returned to the car.

Back to my usual way of remembering, hair band on the arm. Right wrist=both kids with me. Left wrist=only one kid with me.

KIDDING!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It just took Sam a little while to miss his wing man, but when he did it was something he knew needed to be righted as quickly as possible!
--Nanny

Natalie said...

That's adorable!