Sunday, October 17, 2010

Why don't any of these onesies have tags in them?!?! ....Oh yeah....

Every few months, we have to pull all of Pete's onesies out of his drawer and swap them out for a bigger size from the giant plastic bin of Sam's old clothes we keep in the closet. (Yes, we buy him his own clothes, too....on occasion) It's, perhaps, one of the most jarring--and bittersweet--indicators of how fast he is growing.

When he was born, I had trouble grasping how tiny he was. I don't remember Sam being that bitsy at first. Of course, Pete would probably grow up to be a linebacker if his mother let him play football.

I usually swap the clothes out when the boys are out of town. In actuality, it's the only way it can get done without having clothes flung all around the house. (For much the same reason, I only attempt to fold laundry after everyone is in bed, fast asleep.) But last night, when I started putting away all the 6 - 9 month onesies and pulling out the 12 month onesies, none of the onesies in the bin had tags on them! How was I supposed to know what size they were?!?

Then it dawned on me. 12 months was right about the time Sam made us cut all the tags out of his shirts because they were 'itchy'. Wonderful....

No comments: