Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"You need love?"


A moment I have waited for for two years, 10 months and some odd days finally arrived this afternoon. As Peter napped, Sam sat on my lap while we played "one gaaayyme!"on my computer. As we waited for Mickey Mouse to load his choo choo train game, Sam pressed his cheek to mine and said "Yuv you".

Just a few minutes later I scrawled desperately in his baby book, grasping to keep him little forever by capturing memories like fireflies in a mason jar. He pulled out a paper heart that had been tucked carefully between its pages. It was a homemade Valentine that he and I had made for Paul when he was just two months old. As he held it smeared with his tiny newborn hand prints in red paint, he looked at me and asked. "This yuv?" I responded, "Yes, that is love Puppy". He held it out to me and offered, "You need yuv?"

Oh God, do I ever.

They should prescribe this stuff, it is too good to be over-the-c0unter.

elise

2 comments:

Daniela Swider said...

Awwwww, so cute - made me cry!!!

Natalie said...

That sweet little guy!