Monday, December 27, 2010

Sam is 3!

For those of you whos hearts I know bled to miss this moment....I captured it. For you. THE BOY IS THREE!!! Birthday wishes wished (he wished for Santa to bring more presents he confided later at bedtime). Candles blown out. Presents unwrapped. Santa zippy pj's back on. A stream of happy tears cried by mama. I think my mom may have been right when she recently announced, "it doesn't get any better than this."

We had pancakes with ice cream and sprinkles for breakfast (Sam's request), played in the pool, hunted down one of Brasilia's only McDonalds for fries at lunch. We baked a cake, played in the pool, with new trains, read a million books, ate sliders, smiley-faced french fries (a Brazilian favorite) and drank chocolate milk for dinner. I don't ever remember a happier birthday, and it wasn't even mine.

Thanks from the bottom of our french fry filled bellies to all for your sweet birthday wishes.

No comments: