Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Ultimate Haircut

This morning Sam got his haircut at THE coolest place ever in Brasilia, Happy Hair. Like...I 'm seriously considering getting my hair cut there, too. He picked his vehicle they maneuvered it to face a flatscreen TV playing one of his favorite cartoons and got to work, but not before I busted out my nearly aerobic brazilian charades, wherein I begged that they not cut all the curl off, while Paul dutifully translated "cachos!" While an incredibly hip and gentle man cut his hair the ladies of the salon tempted him with a breakdancing doll, trucks and the like. A neighboring brazilian boy played a video game in a tiny hummer while the stylist snipped away. Peter played with toys and books on a black flokati rug amidst tiny fruit shaped stuffed stools and rifled through a toy box, while Paul and I marveled at the two story high wall of balls. Genius, I say, genius. He has never been more happy to have his hair cut, although he never really minded it to begin with.


2 comments:

Daniela Swider said...

What a fun experience! And a lovely new do too!

Becky said...

It is time for the Weekly State Department Blog Round Up and you are on it!

It is found here:
http://smallbitsfs.blogspot.com/2011/01/part-1-new-stuff-and-100-or-so-blog.html

If you would like the links to your site removed (or corrections are needed) please contact me. Thanks!