Friday, February 18, 2011

Three



I hope that when my boys are all grown up with children and lives of their own, that they still fly from opposite ends of the country and choose to spend their vacation with their mom and dad and siblings like we still do. To put their kids to bed and sit all together on one big hotel bed, to eat Ivar's fish and chips and clam chowder, mom's homemade pumpkin pie and drink Fat Tire beer, laughing and loving (and entertaining their father post emergency room wrist breakage!) Should Paul and I succeed at this, all other of our life's accomplishments will look small and unimportant.

I've always believed the best gift you can give a child is a sibling, or several, these guys are why. In them I will always have a support system, a best friend, a confidant and shoulder to cry on, a room-mate, a ride, an ear to bend, a place to stay, money to borrow, someone to help me pick back up the pieces of my heart help me move I'm not quite sure I can....and I for them. For this I am eternally grateful and constantly striving to create the same for Sam and Peter.

No comments: