Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bedtime Confessions:

Paul says prayers with the boys at night before they drift off to read 40 more books and sneak out of bed 16 times sleep. We never really did this as kids, because who has the patience or energy left for praying with a toddler and an infant when the day draws to a close? Not I. "Pray quietly, as you close your little eyes," I say. Anyway.....every night Paul starts and then someone giggles, or screams or says something naughty (usually me) and Paul says "I've opened the lines here people! Everything you say can be heard now!" Like perhaps we are in the midst of a seance. It is hilariously comical and whichever lines Paul is opening, the receiver is sure to hear a myriad of laughter each evening before we pray for each (and every) family member by name and Sam adds a few odd things like "books" and "hair."

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I think that's an adorable family tradition!