Thursday, March 31, 2011

Come over here and let me wuv you!



It has come to my attention recently that my little Puppy Dog is growing up. I hate it. I want him to stay little forever and ever. I am tempted to become the Duggar lady and just keep having children, so that someone will always be little. Smart, right!? ..... but with growth comes wisdom, so even though my little baby boy is slipping away, the babyness is being replaced with an intelligent and thoughtful little boy.

Recently he has grasped, what love is, and how important it is to express and has a great, if not sometimes tad-bit over-the-top, need to assure Paul, Peter and I of it. He tells me at least ten times a day (which is clearly not enough for any mother) "Mommy, I love you" and also tells me, while Paul is at work, "I wuv my Daddy," and Paul while he is home "I wuv you Daddy." He hugs our legs and "My Peter, my favorite friend's" whole tiny body randomly (and sometimes with wreckless love-abandon) looking up at us post hug with those big brown eyes and single, giant curly-cue dangling on his forehead and says, "Ahh, I wuv you." He does the same to his brother, but "Pee-doh" is a little leary of the attack hugging, knowing full well that sometimes, Sam running towards him with open arms does not always a hug result. So he runs away giggling, Sam chasing closely behind, eyes stricken with the concerned look of someone in need of loving someone, shouting, "Pee-doh! I want to wuv you!"

Yesterday as I sat with him at the boys tiny table in the kitchen, he looked at me and said, "Mommy, always I love you when I'm happy, ya ya, always I love you when I'm sad."

Better yet, we attended a party last weekend, where Sam found the dance-floor mid-evening in exchange for the toy filled backyard and danced all of his favorite moves with the hostess, nearly 40 years his elder. As we buckled him in the car shortly after his typical bedtime, he deliriously announced to Paul and I, "I love everyone, I love everyone!"

1 comment:

Natalie said...

That is so sweet! I want Charlie to hit a "love" phase! And, for the record, I think Sam looks SO much like you in this picture!