Thursday, May 12, 2011

Play

I've asked for a lot of "do overs" in my life. Wishing to rewind and get to try again, but I'm always happier when I get "rewind" mixed up with "play" and the show goes on, as it inevitably does. Eventually able to look back, I realize that my disappointments were just life's way of preparing me for something even better. Failed classes, lost loves, wrong turns, "uh oh's," "I just can't go on's" and crappy Mother's Days, they all turn out eventually.

I walked Sam into school this morning to be gifted the following belated Mother's Day gift (well this and a red velvet rose).



A book filled with blank pages, laid out "just so" to fill in with all my favorite new Brazilian recipes...and the on the cover, the most hilarious (hard to beat the Easter portrait, but I think it does!) photo of my tiny chef.

I've taken a lot of twisting turns in the past few years, ok the past 31 and 11/12ths years, but I know I'm in the right place now.

Elise

1 comment:

paul said...

this is starting to border on torture. what are they doing to our poor boy?! :)