Thursday, June 30, 2011

Certified Nail Color Selector

Today I took Sam with me to get my nails done after I picked him up from preschool. Which would (with most any other three year old and even this one on a bad day) seem like an incredibly bad idea.

When we arrived there were three tiny puppies playing about the shop and Sam took immediately to the floor, petting and playing with them until the owner scooped them up and took them home. At which point he offered to select my nail color. Lucky for me he knows just what I like and choose navy blue with sparkles. Apropos for the upcoming Fourth of July holiday and for his funky mom. He then began to color code the rack of nail polishes much to the delight of the shop keeper, "Look mom, all the pinks are here, and the blues are here!" The nail 'techs' and other customers were quite charmed that my tiny boy had done this, instead of say, throwing them all on the floor or out the open second story window.

When he had completed his task, he snuggled up in my lap and asked me to read him a story. I am considering taking him with me on nail dates more often.

No comments: