Friday, December 16, 2011

Schools Out for Summer Ever Winter!

Here in the "SoHem" or Southern Hemisphere to the layperson, summer break works a little differently...because it is in the winter, no dammit it isn't Elise, it really is summer here. Oh ya. Anyway, we're still getting the hang of it, too, thanks to Sam...and his preschool and six weeks of "Christmas Break."

Today was Sam's last day of school and instead of telling you that I baked cookies for the class (which I did, but they looked so bad I said, "Screw it! These kids don't need more sugar anyway!") or even telling you that delicately wrapped a gift for his teacher, whom I love and adore because she loves and adores Sam, or even telling you that I remembered my camera, like I had planned and documented his last day of school with Tia Pati before he moves into the four year old class next year....I will tell you that shamefully, I did none of that. Instead I picked up my boy, who seems to be coming down with a winter cold summer cold, brought him home and laid him beneath the Christmas lights that surround his bedroom window...then passed out for a nap myself. Hey, I just can't be perfect every day.

However, to celebrate the last day of school I have put together a gallery showing of some of my favorite works of art from my talented and passionate boy from his very first, very successful year of school.

Enjoy!


Untitled
(clay and paint)

Untitled
(clay and pencil)

"Daddy"
(crayon on paper)


"Mommy"
(pen on computer paper, "Where is all the computer paper going!?")


"Daddy as a spider"
(Crayon on computer paper)

Untitled
(finger-paint on recycled juice box-canvas)



Collected works of art, made all with recycled household objects. Our favorite is the tin-can monkey, closely followed by the egg carton caterpillar and the yogurt cup ladybug.


1 comment:

Natalie said...

What an artist! I wish Charlie would be inclined towards art in any way. The little turd is just too impatient. Sigh...