Thursday, May 19, 2016

Date Day


Many couples have date nights. When Uncle Bill and Aunt Jackie were in town, we did get to sneak away for a few hours for dinner at Hank's Oyster Bar in the city, but that was a rare occasion. 

We haven't very many date nights recently, so we've had to play catch up by having date days!

When I am on closing shift, I don't have to go into the office until 1:00 in the afternoon, so on Monday, Elise and I went for a (very slow!) three mile run, then to the grocery store. I know, it may not seem very romantic, but Elise and I haven't spent a lot of time during daylight hours without little ones nipping at our heels. Most times Elise tries to talk to me when the kids aren't sleeping, I find myself having to divide my attention between her and at least one or two kids. Now, we can have conversations about her work and collaborations without having to stop and get juice for someone or wipe a tizu!

No comments: