Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A New Chapter

It has been almost a month since the last time I have written here and too much has happened since then to possibly provide an accurate account. In that month, I finished work in Washington, D.C., the boys finished school, we packed out of our house in Falls Church, drove to South Carolina then on to Florida in a luxury minivan to visit family, Sam snorkeled for the first time, we flew from Florida to Seattle, roasted s'mores, shot off fireworks, and celebrated the 4th of July in the Pacific Northwest, drove across the state to Elise's parents in Spokane, drank lots of beer, ran a lot, cycled a lot, flew back to Washington, D.C. for 48 hours, before climbing on a Royal Jordanian 787 en route to Jordan.

We've arrived.

The past two weeks is an incomprehensible blur. It all happened too quickly. I am a little shocked by the speed at which it all happened. Though I immersed myself in every moment, reading Jurassic Park to the kids, playing dolls with Clementine, throwing the baseball to Sam, it all sped by so fast. By blogging, putting it all down into words, I think I slow down time somewhat. But I didn't do that. I didn't have time. And I am saddened that it all went by so quickly. I remember coming back from training in West Virginia, facing all we had in front of us, the plan we had laid out, and feeling daunted. But we took it one step at a time, one challenge at a time, constantly reminding ourselves we were just doing the best we can and the only thing that mattered is that we were all together.

Now, we're here. At the beginning of a new chapter. And more stories, new stories, will come. 

No comments: