Monday, November 27, 2017

Dubai, Part One - Burj Khalifa

We just returned from a long Thanksgiving trip to Dubai, our first big trip out of the country. Dubai -- and Atlantis, specifically -- were at the top of the kids' bucket list since learning we were headed to the Middle East. One of the sights we definitely wanted to check off was a trip to the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa. 


You had to buy tickets in advance online and pick them up at the ticket counter in the Dubai Mall. We signed up for the 4:00 time slot. The line was long, and it took us about 45 minutes to get to the the observation deck on the 125 floor. Though the elevator ride up took less than a minute!








The tower casts a long shadow late in the day.


We timed our arrival to coincide with the sun setting over the Persian Gulf.


5 comments:

Mehwis Malik said...

Your blog is unbelievably fantastic. This is very nice and informative blog. I like to sharing this content and thank you for sharing such a useful information. UAE national day 2018

Emily Wilson said...

That is a great picture of Burj Khalifa. I grabbed a Dubai visa application yesterday so that I can visit the amazing city with my friends in this winter season.

Unknown said...

Useful information on Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa

Pia smith said...

Wonderful post! The Burj Khalifa guide that you shared might come in handy for first-time Dubai travelers such as myself. I am glad to have applied for a Dubai Visa Online and I’m confident of getting it in the next few days, thanks to a professional consultancy. Now, all I need to do is prepare a travel itinerary and I will be taking some tips from your blog to make my Dubai getaway even more exciting.

John Smith said...

Wonderful post! I was looking for some interesting and informative blogs on Dubai tourist attractions when I stumbled upon your blog. The informative pieces of articles that I got through you might just help me during my upcoming Dubai trip. I got my Dubai Visa last week and I am planning to explore some of the most popular tourist destinations as well as restaurants that offer delicious gastronomical delights. Hope to have a great time over there.