Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Cameron Boyce 1999 - 2019

There are some celebrity deaths that shock the world, the passing of a presence that touched many lives, and the world feels lesser for the absence of that person in the world.

Cameron Boyce may not have been that celebrity, but he undoubtedly touched many lives and his family will miss him dearly. I know Cameron mostly through my kids, and I'm sad mostly because I know how sad they'll be when they learn of his sudden passing.

We didn't get the Disney Channel overseas, so one of the treats of coming back to the States for them is getting to watch their favorite shows on the Disney Channel. Jessie was one of those shows, and I can still hear Sam laughing at one episode in particular where the character played by Cameron and the butler fight for the affections of an automated coffee maker. 

Cameron went on to star in the Descendents movies as the son of Cruella de Vil, the nemesis in 101 Dalmatians, Carlos who was deathly afraid of puppies. The kids love these movies and there was a period of time while we were in Amman when they listened to the soundtrack incessantly. Descendents 3 was scheduled to be released on the Disney Channel in August. I don't know if it is still.

It's weird how the news of someone's passing can affect people in different ways. This one struck me, because he brought so much happiness to not only my kids, but undoubtedly millions of others, too, and his future was obviously blindingly bright.



No comments: