Sunday, September 29, 2019

Saturday Matinee

Elise and I woke to the screech of masking tape early Saturday morning, earlier than either of us hoped to wake.

I found this taped up outside our room.


And this at the top of the stairs on the third level where the TV room is.


Movie posters.

Earlier in the week, I had promised Peter we would watch a Godzilla movie this weekend. I had also promised Sam I would take him to get his haircut and promised Clementine I would take her to Brew Bar for a bubble waffle sundae. I had a busy Saturday ahead of me. 

Sam and I went to get our haircuts first. After Elise took Peter and Clementine to the toy store to buy a gift for the birthday party he was invited to on Sunday, Sam refused to leave the house. Like a bomb squad defusing a IED Sam and I talked, me frightfully aware to not let the blue wire cross the green wire lest I unleash the maelstrom of tween emotions twirling feverishly in his head loose. 

We returned to the house after haircuts to find Peter and Clementine back from their own outing. Which meant only one thing: Movie time!


Clementine in the ticket booth.



Saturday matinee.

After the movie, it was straight to Brew Bar for a bubble waffle cone ice cream sundae.  At some point, I think I may have said, "Let's go before it rains."



The shop was crowded and service slow. By the time the kids had gotten their dessert and eaten it, the storm had rolled in. We waited almost an hour in the lobby of the hotel where the ice cream shop is located, waiting out the storm as lightning bolts cracked overhead.

The following day, Peter attended a classmate's birthday party at the Taj in downtown Colombo. The boys first ate lunch at the hotel buffet. There was a carving station, ice sculpture, raw bar, and fresh sushi!




Peter with his new friend, Ryan.

No comments: