Tuesday, September 2, 2008

9021.....Oh... no you di'nt!

Back in the day we had 90210 parties on Wednesday nights, my brothers, their friends, myself and my high school boyfriend glued to the TV to see if this would be the week that Donna would give it up to David or keep the poor man starving. We would make bets on whether Brandon would truly become my husband or some other dark and handsome man. Together in front of the old box-shaped TV of yester-year we learned about all the issues facing our youth (which was maybe only slightly different in Cheney, WA than in Beverly Hills) drugs, sex, and excessive spending on Rodeo Drive. Popcorn was usually involved and we were usually banished to the basement because my parents couldn't stand to hear the super sweet intro music.... you remember, it still rings in my head on a daily basis. Those were the good old days.



Tonight is the season premier of the new 90210. I don't know how to feel about it all. Really. The new show, I am almost positive I won't be watching it, look at these kids. I see no David Silver, no Donna Martin, not even an Andrea Zuckerman . How can these little kids possibly sit in the old booths in the Peach Pit and be served by Nat?
Times have changed, I am a touch older I have other things to worry about now, like who will win the next season of So You Think You Can Dance and to be sure that Sam is fed. But, if I were to watch, you know, just to see how it compares, I think I might like her:





she seems pretty hip but also probably a little bitchy. And I may also have an "if only I was 10 years younger" crush on him:

If it is good, just saying........90210 parties at our house everyone is invited! Popcorn and wine for all!

No comments: