Friday, February 20, 2009

Sick House & Numbers

Welcome to the sick ward. This was my ER last week. Sick baby, sick dad. I managed to escape unscathed. I guess my immune system knew I needed it now more than ever.








and a little something I composed in the height of business in Elise's ER, but never had the energy to post it.

I call it Numbers...

zero. number of times in my life I ever thought I'd make a good nurse

one. meals I've had today.

two. times I've taken advil for gut wrenching cramps today

three. times I've left the house today, all to the doctor or to the pharmacy for sick potions and tincures

four. times in the last two hours I've seen my husband run to the bathroom to be sick

five. more minutes until I go to bed

six. times I've cleaned up baby puke today from various chairs, blankets and shirts

seven. meals I have tried to feed my sick baby

eight. diahrea blowout diapers I've changed today

nine. times I would like to shake and shake the head of the octuplet mother. What in THE hell are you thinking after I have a day like this with just one child in a home I own, with a job and a husband.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!