Sunday, April 22, 2012

An Afternoon with the Secretary


We've had a lot going on around here, none of which has been blogging.  Sorry. We are enjoying the company of Nanny and recovering from a long couple of weeks without Paul as he prepared to welcome his boss, Hilary Clinton, to Brasilia. In the midst of Celeste filling in as my husband mother-in-law, we were able to pass the boys off to our maid one afternoon and sneak away to the official "Meet & Greet" as the Hanna Lady Trio.

Secretary Clinton gave a lovely speech, I am told, I was frantically searching for Clem's pacifier that had dropped just as the Secretary walked on stage after our two hour wait. I did, moments later, get the pleasure of shaking her hand, yet was fully unprepared to formulate a sentence. I had no expectations of getting anywhere near her after the Obama debacle, but she politely commented "Oh you have a new one!" in regards to a sleeping Clem in my arms. I nodded. It was a really groundbreaking conversation. By the time my sleep-deprived brain kicked in she was gone down the velvet rope. We were honored to have had the opportunity. She looked lovely for those of you that are dying to know.



 
  

1 comment:

Daniela Swider said...

You shook hands - fantastic!