Monday, March 2, 2009

Sunday Calls

Dear Mom and Dad,

Sometimes the reason I don’t call on Sunday is not because I forgot, but instead because I am feeling homesick and just can’t bear to call. Because I am missing how simple life used to be. When the baby crying was just the neighbor kid I babysat. When the bills were just something on the Canada geese flying by, when the house was always clean and I only had to help. When the only work I had was homework, and the only teaching I had to do was teaching my brothers to knock before entering my room. I would not give up this life for the winnings of the Florida Powerball lotto and all the nights at the Ritz Carlton I could stay, but some nights it is all a bit to much to carry and I find myself wishing I was back at your house, finishing dinner with the family with nothing left to do but brush my teeth and go to bed; not calling and laying the weight of my week on you.

With all the love in my heart,

Elise

No comments: