Sunday, March 22, 2009

Long lunches, makeovers, and twirls around the mall.

My aunt and uncle were in town. My aunt to play and my uncle to work. We sent Uncle Robert off to the mines, Paul to run with the child and we zipped to the mall in the mini cooper, like school girls skipping fourth period chemistry. We talked make-up, hair, looked at a million pairs of shoes and bought half of them. We glanced at things for the men-folk and bought none. We tried on sparkly jewelry and makeup, we giggled about old times and times to come. When we were "shopped out" (sha...as if!) we sat and lingered for hours over salads and iced tea and talked some more.

With no family of my own in town or even near by, I long for these types of days. The types of days my mom and I had in my youth and the times we still have when we are together. Which we will be soon! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Look out men-folk! We escape next week for our (fourth?) annual Ya-Ya Sisterhood week and don't try to hold us back. My mom and aunt have met for the past four or five years to relax, regroup, chat, go on many adventures and generally torture my uncle, who is usually kind enough to let us crash his pad. There will be shopping (bring a change of shoes Joyceeee) there will be giggling like school girls, there will be inappropriate girl talk (earplugs Uncle Robert) and there will be long lunches. We were only pre-funking this weekend, now that we are warmed up the real funk will go down next week! Who knows, maybe we'll get tattoos this time! err more tattoos ;)

No comments: