Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Good the Bad and the Goofy.

I love my life right now. Love it. Little boys, play time, nap time, acting like I'm 3 again (oh wait), making up goofy songs for the boys, the 10,000th nap request, 'one cracker?' 'sip milk?' 'one more book?' 'your bed?' 'Petey bed?' (you get the idea), wandering the neighborhood, watching cranes and planes, playing in fountains. All of it. However some days, even when filled with the same routine and silliness and the occasional hiccup are just a little easier to navigate than others. For example:


Yesterday 4:15pm, The fountain near our building

Me: "Don't walk on the ledge Sam! You will fall in and you won't be happy!"

Sam: "Splooooosh"

[cue Sam crying] [cue me nearly crying]



just before the great fountain swan diver took to the water



Today 12:05pm, The 13th Floor of our building

Me: "Oh great our neighbors got a new obnoxious door mat of some football-ish/college-ish team" [heavy sigh] "ah football season, how I loathe thee."

[approaching our door]

Me: "Why won't this damn key work? What the heck is wrong with this door? The lock is jammed!?"

Sam: "Mommy? Mommy?" [he always repeats this 'just so' when I have landed myself in a conundrum]

[me looking up at the apt number to be sure I haven't lost my mind]

Me: "Oh my God! I've lost my mind, this is the wrong floor! Run!"

[us running back to the elevator laughing hysterically before someone calls the police because some crazy mom with two kids is trying to break in to their home]


No comments: