Thursday, February 25, 2016

Adventure + Travel

This past weekend, we went to the Adventure + Travel show at the Washington Convention Center. It was a chance to see what adventures awaited us in nearby WV and PA, and also to do a little daydreaming about where we might end up once our time in DC ends.

There was a giant swimming pool with scuba divers and a climbing wall (photo below: by reaching the top, I won a free tubing trip!). But I think our favorite booths were the Japanese bullet train and also meeting the guys from Eeyou Istchee Baie James (James Bay, translated from the French) in Quebec, a part of Canada that sounded beautiful, fascinating, and that I didn't even know existed before going to the show. I even picked up a few words of Cree!


Tea from Taiwan.


Nepal.



Finding my footing...


I totally beat that tiny girl next to me!


We'll see.... : ) 

No comments: